Many people were given visions of the future during their near-death experience (NDE). Download an ebook from Robert and Suzanne Mays‘ 2019 study presentation titled, “Prophetic Visions In Near-Death Experiences: Warnings For Our Times.” Generally, these visions foretell a future of catastrophic natural disasters and social upheaval leading to a new era of global peace and enlightenment. Some of these prophecies did not occur when they were foretold to occur; and there are good reasons for this which will be explained. Many of these apocalyptic visions have been predicted to occur within the next few decades. Remarkably, these visions of the future agree with prophecies of the Bible, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, and the Virgin Mary visitations of Fatima, Garabandal, Medjugorje and Zeitoun.
Table of Contents
- Scientific evidence supporting the ability to predict the future
- A successful apocalyptic prophecy is one that doesn’t happen
- The future is not fixed and can change
- NDE prophecies predicting the 9-11 terrorist attack
- NDE prophecies of future natural catastrophes
- NDE prophecies of a shift in the earth’s magnetic poles
- NDE prophecies of a golden age of peace and enlightenment
- Non-NDE religious prophecies of a future apocalypse
1. Scientific evidence supporting the ability to predict the future
The 9/11 New York City terrorist attack seems to have affected global consciousness through more than news channels. There seems to have been a psychic dimension to the response. Since August, 1998, the Global Consciousness Project, located at Princeton University, has maintained observation of about 40 radioactive random number generators placed at locations around the world. Previous research has shown that the activity of such devices can be affected by psychokinesis (mind over matter). The project tracks psychokinetic effects on these sensitive instruments produced by dramatic events impinging upon global consciousness. After the terrorist attack, the project assembled data from the generators to see if there had been any extraordinary output from these devices. According to the project’s report, there was indeed an unmistakable and profound response. The interpretation of the result is that the world’s awareness of the terrorist tragedy created a powerful moment of global awareness, a unified and coherent psychic event which impacted the output of the radioactivity in data collectors. The global consciousness event appears to have begun approximately 10 minutes before the first crash until about four hours afterward.
2. A successful apocalyptic prophecy is one that doesn’t happen
The goal of apocalyptic prophecy is to warn people to prevent it from happening. The reason prophecies are given to humanity is to change current trends and change enough people so that the prophecy will be diverted. Well-known prophecies that were foretold to occur around the millennium have not happened. Skeptics point out that this proves these prophecies to be false. But a better understanding of prophecy reveals that either (a) or (b) is true:
(a) The prophecy was successful in permanently diverting the outcome by the raising of the world’s consciousness.
(b) Because the prophecy gives an exact date, the prophecy may still be valid and the date may be wrong.
Prophecies from very credible sources rarely give an exact date. Even Jesus said he didn’t know the date and time when he would return. This should be a lesson to everyone who comes across a prophecy with an exact date.
3. The future is not fixed and can change
During Karen Schaeffer’s NDE, she was shown her children’s future as it would exist if she decided to remain in the light. Because she decided to return, the future she was shown did not happen. This suggests that the future is always changing from moment to moment based upon our current actions and decisions. This principle supports quantum mechanic principles.
One of Margot Grey’s NDE research subjects stated: “During my experience … I was also shown events that are likely to happen in the near future, but was made to understand that nothing is absolutely fixed and that everything depends on how we choose to use our own free will, that even those events that are already predestined can be changed or modified by a change in our own way of relating to them.” (Grey, 1985, p. 123)
NDE experiencer Howard Storm was given information on how the future is not fixed: “We have free will. If we change the way we are, then we can change the future which they showed me. They showed me a view of the future, at the time of my experience, based upon how we in the United States were behaving at that time. It was a future in which a massive worldwide depression would occur. If we were to change our behavior, however, then the future would be different.” (Howard Storm)
Howard Storm was also told how a single person can change the world: “All it takes to make a change was one person. One person, trying, and then because of that, another person changing for the better. They said that the only way to change the world was to begin with one person. One will become two, which will become three, and so on. That’s the only way to affect a major change” (Howard Storm)
During Ricky Randolph’s NDE, he was told virtually the same thing: “You must return and help others to change by changing your life!” (Ricky Randolph)
Dannion Brinkley was told how the future is conditional upon human beings: “If you follow what you have been taught and keep living the same way you have lived the last thirty years, all of this will surely be upon you. If you change, you can avoid the coming war. If you follow this dogma, the world by the year 2004 will not be the same one you now know. But it can still be changed and you can help change it.” (Dannion Brinkley)
Brinkley was also told that the future is not cast in stone: “The flow of human events can be changed, but first people have to know what they are.” (Dannion Brinkley)
Brinkley also gives the following advice on how people can change the world: “The quickest way to change the world is to be of service to others. Show that your love can make a difference in the lives of people and thereby someone else’s love can make a difference in your life. By each of us doing that and working together we change the world one inner person at a time.” (Dannion Brinkley)
During Dr. George Ritchie’s NDE, Jesus said that Ritchie had 45 years to accomplish a particular mission: “It is left to humanity which direction they shall choose. I came to this planet to show you through the life I led how to love. Without our Father you can do nothing, neither could I. I showed you this. You have 45 years.” (Dr. George Ritchie)
When Dr. Ritchie was revived, he had no idea what he was supposed to accomplish within 45 years. Years afterward, his NDE attracted the attention of Raymond Moody. It was Ritchie’s NDE that inspired Moody to begin his ground-breaking research into NDEs and become “the father” of the near-death experience. In 1985, Ritchie published his near-death account which was 42 years after his NDE occurred.
During Ned Dougherty’s NDE, a Lady of Light told him how to change the world to prevent these catastrophic visions of the future from happening: “I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of twenty could save a nation from war. I was told that the fate of mankind rested on our ability, individually and collectively, to change the direction of mankind in accordance with God’s plan … Depending on mankind’s response to God, these events may be altered, postponed, or cancelled.” (Ned Dougherty)
One particular experiencer told NDE researcher Margot Grey that catastrophic earth changes are a reflection of the social upheaval and violence that is happening all over the world at the moment.
4. NDE prophecies predicting the 9-11 terrorist attack
During his NDE, Ned Dougherty was given a vision of the future involving a terrorist attack. He wrote about it in his book, Fast Lane to Heaven, six months before 9/11 occurred. Here is what he wrote:
“A major terrorist attack may befall New York City or Washington, DC, severely impacting the way we live in the United States.” (Ned Dougherty)
This description of Ned Dougherty’s vision of a future terrorist attack is a perfect description of what happened six months later in New York and Washington.
Dannion Brinkley received a psychic vision of the September 11th terrorist attack before it happened. On September 1st, ten days before the New York terrorist attacks, Dannion announced that the world is on the verge of a… “spiritual awakening which calls for deep self-examination.” (Dannion Brinkley)
On September 1, 2001, Dannion Brinkley also called for a global Day of Truth to occur on September 17 where people could… “take time before this date to personally examine our own lives and priorities as citizens of earth in this time of transition. This is a wake-up call … For it is only as we are willing to see and to embrace all of our deeply human fragmented realities that the light of grace can shine upon us.” (Dannion Brinkley)
5. NDE prophecies of future natural catastrophes
In Howard Storm‘s book, My Descent into Death (2000), he describes the future of mankind as given to him by light beings he encountered during his NDE in 1985. Storm wrote how they told him, in 1985, that the Cold War would soon end, because “God is changing the hearts of people to love around the world.” Storm states, “Since the time in 1985 when I was told these things about the future the Cold War ended with little bloodshed due to the hearts of people being unwilling to tolerate oppressive regimes.” Storm also described what the light beings told him concerning the way things will be on earth in about 2185. He asked the light beings the question: “Will the United States be the leader of the world in this change?” The light beings replied:
“The United States has been given the opportunity to be the teacher for the world, but much is expected of those to whom much has been given. The United States has been given more of everything than any country in the history of the world and it has failed to be generous with the gifts. If the United States continues to exploit the rest of the world by greedily consuming the world’s resources, the United States will have God’s blessing withdrawn. Your country will collapse economically which will result in civil chaos. Because of the greedy nature of the people, you will have people killing people for a cup of gasoline. The world will watch in horror as your country is obliterated by strife. The rest of the world will not intervene because they have been victims of your exploitation. They will welcome the annihilation of such selfish people. The United States must change immediately and become the teachers of goodness and generosity to the rest of the world. Today the United States is the primary merchant of war and the culture of violence that you export to the world. This will come to an end because you have the seeds of your own destruction within you. Either you will destroy yourselves or God will bring it to an end if there isn’t a change.” (Howard Storm)
Howard Storm wrote: “…. I don’t know if the richest country in the history of the world is doomed to lose God’s blessing or if the people of the United States will become the moral light of the world. How long will God allow the injustice to continue? The future lies in the choices we make right now. God is intervening in direct ways in human events. May God’s will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!” (Howard Storm)
In a SpiritDaily.com online newspaper article on August 18, 2003 by Michael H. Brown entitled Near-Death Prophecy: Man was shown Failure of Infrastructure, Power Grid, Howard Storm discussed America’s future as shown to him during his NDE.
Howard Storm wrote: “They made it very clear to me that God had given this country the greatest blessing of any people in the history of the world. We have more of God’s blessing. Everything that we have comes from God. We didn’t deserve it, we didn’t earn it, but we happen to be the wealthiest, most powerful nation in the world. And God gave us all this so that we could be the instruments of God’s light in this world, and we are not instruments of light. In other countries people see us as purveyors of exploitation, military might, and pornography. They see us as completely hedonistic and amoral — we have no morality. People can do whatever they want wherever they want with whatever they want. Our amorality is a cancer on the rest of the world, and God created us to be just the opposite.
“People get mad at me for saying it, but God is very unhappy with what we’re doing. When I came back from the experience I was almost out of my mind trying to convert people. God wanted a worldwide conversion thousands of years ago. God pulled out all the stops 2,000 years ago with Jesus. From God’s view, that was the definitive moment in human history. And the impact of the prophets and teachers and the Messiah has been a big disappointment to God because people have by and large rejected it. I was told that God wants this conversion. And if we don’t get with the program fairly soon, He is going to have to intervene in some ways that from a human point of view are going to seem cataclysmic. God is really tired of what we’re doing to one another and the planet and to His Creation. We were put in this world to be stewards and live in harmony with His creation and one another and we don’t realize the important spiritual consequences of what we do when we raise a child in a faithless society.”
“I asked how [America’s purification] would come about, and they said it would be simple, that our society is very dependent on a lot of very fragile things — energy grid, transportation. In each geographical area of the United States people used to be relatively self-sufficient as far as agricultural products. Now, how long would any state survive without the transport of food and energy?
“What would happen is these very complex and delicate grids of our economic system would begin to break down. We’ve created a society of such cruel and self-centered people that the very nature of civilization would begin to break down. The angels showed me that what would happen is that people would begin robbing the grocery stores, hording goods, and killing one another for gasoline and tires, and as a consequence everything would break down and would end up in chaos.” (Howard Storm)
When Guenter Wagner was a child, he had an NDE during which Jesus had an extensive conversation with him about averting a nuclear war.
Jesus told Guenter that there were very powerful and cunning beings who were his enemies with whom he had been constantly fighting. He told Guenter to warn the world against them. Then Jesus told him to turn around. When he did he heard people screaming and saw fire and smoke that gradually took on the shape of a mushroom. Jesus told Guenter that he will do everything in his power to prevent this from happening. Jesus also told him that this war has been going on for a very long time and the evil beings had become more and more powerful. Jesus said that if this continued he would not see any means of preventing them from taking over everything. He said that if the enemy had really succeeded in coming into his world, the war would have been lost. He would have been powerful enough, no doubt, to fight them off, but the war would have been lost in the long run. Jesus was afraid of loosing this war. Then it was intimated to Guenter that Jesus needed help. Jesus told him that the only way he could help him was by going back and telling the world about his experience. (Guenter Wagner)
Almost every day, several times a day, for more than forty years, Edgar Cayce would induce himself into a unique out-of-body state identical to an NDE. Through his sojourns he would reveal profound information on various subjects. But it was the information that he revealed about the future that he is most known for. The following is an listing of his prophecies which have already happened:
- The Stock Market Crash of October 1929
- The Great Depression
- The rise and fall of Adolf Hitler
- The beginning and end of World War II
- America’s entry into World War II
- The death of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- India’s independence from Britain
- The re-establishment of the nation of Israel
- The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Essenes
- The death of John F. Kennedy
- The Civil Rights Movement and 1960’s civil unrest
- The fall of the Soviet Union and communism
- The U.S. and Russia alliance
- New technological discoveries
- The existence of the planet Pluto
- A shift of earth’s magnetic poles (see this article)
- The day of his own death
Edgar Cayce’s prophetic visions yet to happen:
- Armageddon will be a battle in the spirit realm to prevent souls from the hell realms to reincarnate for one thousand years. It is also a battle within everyone between their higher nature and their lower nature.
- The possibility of a World War III
- Catastrophic natural disasters
- A dramatic rise in the level of the ocean
Dannion Brinkley‘s major prophetic visions which have already happened:
- The demoralization of America from the Vietnam War
- The presidency of Ronald Reagan
- Turmoil in the Middle East
- The 1986 Chernobyl nuclear plant disaster
- The collapse of the Soviet Union
- The Desert Storm war against Iraq in 1990
- The existence of chemical weapons in the Middle East
Dannion Brinkley‘s major prophetic visions yet to happen:
- Oil used as a weapon to control the world economy
- The economic collapse of the world economy
- A war between China and Russia
- Democracy in Egypt overthrown and fanatics rule
- An alliance between the Chinese and Syrians
- Catastrophic natural disasters in America
- The fall of America as a world power
- The rise of an environmental religion beginning in Russia
- A leader from Russia to become a U.N. leader
- The possibility of a World War III
- A scientific discovery to alter DNA and create a biological virus that will be used in the manufacture of computer chips (see this article)
Concerning Dannion’s visions of the future, the Being of Light told him the following: “Watch the Soviet Union. How the Russian people go, so goes the world. What happens to Russia is the basis for everything that will happen to the economy of the free world.” (Dannion Brinkley)
The following prophecies of the future were given to Dr. George Ritchie during his NDE:
- Increasing natural disasters on the earth hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes).
- Families are splitting and governments are breaking apart because people are thinking only of themselves.
- Armies will march on the U.S. from the south.
- Explosions will occur over the entire world of a magnitude beyond our capacity to imagine. If they continue, human life as we have known it will not exist.
The following prophecies of the future were given to Ned Dougherty during his NDE:
- Wars will continue to spread from the Eastern Hemisphere to the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Russia and China.
- A great threat to global peace will come from China which is preparing itself for a global war.
- The U.S. government will collapse because a staggering national debt will cause it to fail to meet its financial obligations.
- U.S. banking institutions will collapse due to natural disasters.
- The U.S. will be thrown into political, economic, and social chaos.
- Terrorist activities and wars will occur first in the Middle East, then in Italy the Vatican and Rome).
- A shift of the earth’s axis will result in massive earthquakes, volcanic and tidal waves disasters. (see this article)
- America will lose its ability to defend itself, leaving the country vulnerable to invasion by foreign troops, particularly by China.
Concerning the future of the world, the Lady of Light specifically told Ned Dougherty: “Pray for the conversion of China. The conversion of China to God is necessary for the salvation of the world.” (Ned Dougherty)
The following prophecies of the future were given to Ricky Randolph during his NDE:
- The earth will drastically changed because of turmoil, wars and death.
- A giant explosion in the earth’s atmosphere will cause much land to be destroyed.
- The U.S. government will collapse.
- A volcano will explode which will result in many cities in the U.S. being put in darkness.
- People will kill over food and water.
- Cities will fall and new ones will be built.
- Few cities will be left, but people will be content.
The following prophecies of the future were given to David Oakford during his NDE:
- Humans have fallen away from the balance of nature and allowed themselves to be affected by what they create which violates the natural laws of the universe.
- Humans must restore the harmonic balance of the earth if they want to survive as a race and live on the earth forever.
- The next overall goal for humanity is to learn about this harmonic balance.
- Before humans realize they must restore the harmonic balance, great damage will be inflicted on the earth.
- The earth is very strong but has been weakened considerably ever since humans have chosen to use its resources in a manner inconsistent with the laws of the universe.
The documentary entitled Ancient Prophecies aired on television and profiled three near-death experiencers (Martha A. St. Claire, Elaine Durham and Jessica Carde). The following prophecies of the future were given to Martha A. St. Claire during her NDE:
- There will be a 20 year period from 1992 to 2012 where events will be greatly accelerated on earth.
- Great earth changes will occur: earthquakes, floods, tidal waves, great winds. Areas of the east coast will be surprised regarding earthquakes.
- Japan will slip into the ocean.
- There will be three days of darkness due to natural earth disasters with smoke from volcanoes that will block the sun.
- Humanity will undergo a roller-coaster ride but it will not last forever. If we have darkness for three days, it will pass. We will always have the light.
The following prophecies of the future were given to Elaine Durham during her NDE:
These catastrophic earth changes upon America will come about by natural and man-made disasters. Unless Americans begin to make better choices, these changes will certainly come to pass.
- North America will be completely divided by a large body of water. A large part of both eastern and western shorelines will be lost. Icebergs and polar icecaps will melt significantly. America will be ravaged by earthquakes, hurricanes, fierce storms, massive fires burning huge areas of the country, explosions in some areas, and the western coastline will change causing California, Oregon, and Washington to become submerged. Much of the eastern coastline will be gone, though not as bad as the western coastline. The southern half of Florida will be under water. The oceans of the entire world will rise significantly.
- The seat of power will move away from Washington, D.C because there will be so much turmoil and warfare on the eastern side of America. America will come to the very edge of destruction because Americans have chosen to seek worldly things rather than loving or serving others, and because they refused to care for their precious natural resources, and because their greed and selfishness. The U.S. government will lose most of its power and no longer govern completely and lawlessness will reign on the eastern side of America as well as tremendous anarchy and crime. There will be less turmoil on the western side of America and even a certain amount of prosperity. A new seat of power will rise near present-day Kansas City. From this location, a true spiritual force will become the governing power over the whole land — a power such that emanates from Christ.
- Native Americans will be partially responsible for the peacefulness that will exist in western America. Their knowledge of how to live from the land, or how to be in harmony with it, will bring forth an abundance. Their spiritual knowledge will be taught to the people and everyone will start to learn to live in harmony with each other. Prosperity will come by becoming harmonious with nature or the natural elements upon which they depended.
The following prophecies of the future were given to Reinee Pasarow during her NDE:
- There will be tremendous upheaval in the world as a result of humanity’s general ignorance of true reality.
- Humanity is breaking the laws of the universe, and as a result of this, humanity will suffer. This suffering will not be due to the wrath of God, but rather like the pain one might suffer by arrogantly defying the law of gravity.
- Humanity is being consumed by the cancers of arrogance, materialism, racism, chauvinism, and separatist thinking.
- Sense will turn to nonsense, and calamity, in the end, will turn to providence.
- An inevitable educational cleansing of the earth will occur because of humanity’s transgressions.
The following prophecies of the future were given to Lou Famoso during his NDE:
- People from different nations, different religions, with different weapons, will kill each other which will result in hundreds of thousands of dead people.
- Man will prey on man until man will pray for man.
- Floods will spill across the earth on different continents in different seasons.
- Hundreds of lives and acres upon acres of crops will be lost as well as hundreds of animals.
- Volcanoes from around the world will erupt; first one then another.
- Earthquakes will destroy sections of almost every continent. One massive earthquake will occur in America. Most of the others will be in Europe and Asia and thousands of people will be killed.
- There will come a time when these things will happen all at once. It will come at the same time of humanity’s greatest sins.
- Millions of people will cry because of the devastation of portions of New York City. [Webmaster’s note: This could be a reference to the New York City terrorist attack.]
- A huge earthquake of magnitude 8.6 will happen at a place called Eureka (Eureka, California?).
- Thousands of people will migrate from areas of frequent disasters to places of safety.
- Missiles will be fired simultaneously into space from several nations.
- Eruptions on the sun will interfere with the earth – more than it ever has.
- A large mass from space will pass by the earth and cause it to wobble wildly like a spinning top.
- The oceans will rise, first along the Pacific Ring of Fire then others.
- A space station will fall from the heavens because of an internal explosion. [Webmaster’s note: This could be a reference to the doomed Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003.]
- Landmasses will start to sink under the pressure of the ocean on it.
- These earth changes will result in a newer, cleaner, more beautiful planet.
For more information about the prophecies of the star system Orion, read these wonderful articles:   . Famoso was told that when these visions of the future are realized on earth, they will bring forth an event called “The Gathering“.
Lou Famoso was told of a future event known as “The Gathering” involving sudden, catastrophic earth changes and sudden tremendous loss of life. Surprisingly, there are other credible sources mentioning a similar future event also called “The Gathering,” such as by the OBE pioneer Robert Monroe, and the near-death experiencer Natalie Sudman. These sources appear to be in agreement: The Gathering is a future event where alien intelligences from other areas of universe (extraterrestrials) and other beings from other dimensions (afterlife realms) gather to observe the sudden upcoming earth changes. This event may also satisfy those who believe the second coming of Jesus will involve UFOs. It is also possible this event is part of the so-called “the Rapture” described by Christians when millions of souls are instantly translated into spirit — possibly when they are suddenly killed by the coming catastrophe. I believe “The Gathering” will be the “revelation” about the existence of UFOs and spirit beings. The higher beings who started life on this planet will finally stop monitoring earth’s evolutionary progress and will intervene to help humanity to the next evolutionary level.
The following prophecies of the future were given to Angie Fenimore during her NDE: “The war between the darkness and the light on the earth has grown so intense that humans are not continually seeking the light, the darkness will consume us and we will be lost.” (Angie Fenimore)
The following prophecies of the future come from Dr. Kenneth Ring‘s NDE prophecy research conclusions:
- An increasing incidence of earthquakes, volcanic activity and generally massive geophysical changes
- Disturbances in weather patterns and food supplies
- The collapse of the world economic system
- The possibility of nuclear war by accident (respondents are not in agreement on whether a nuclear catastrophe will occur)
- Dramatic climate changes, droughts, food shortages
Dr. Kenneth Ring says that near-death accounts sometimes involve a sense of having total knowledge and some are given a view of the entirety of the earth’s evolution and history from the beginning to the end of time. (Dr. Kenneth Ring)
The following prophecies of the future come from Margot Grey‘s NDE prophecy research conclusions:
- There are going to be a lot of upheavals such as earthquakes and volcanoes occurring in the next few years, which are going to get increasingly worse. I was given to understand that these activities are a reflection of all the social upheaval and violence that is going on all over the world at the moment.
- Among the many volcanic eruptions that are going to occur, I saw the one that just occurred in Hawaii. As I saw the pictures on the television, it was really quite uncanny, as I had already seen it taking place during the vision I had seen at the time of my NDE.
- There are going to be serious food shortages around the world due to droughts in many places. This will push the price of food up so that many people will have to start going without things that they have always taken for granted.
- There are going to be very severe droughts in many countries. Others are going to suffer from freak storms that will cause tidal waves or flooding to happen as a result of unnaturally heavy rainfalls … All in all, the weather is going to be very unpredictable from now on, in fact these disturbances in the weather patterns have already started.
The following prophecies of the future were given to Arthur Yensen during his NDE: “You have more important work to do on earth, and you must go back and do it! There will come a time of great confusion and the people will need your stabilizing influence. When your work on earth is done, then you can come back here and stay.” (Arthur Yensen)
The following prophecies of the future were given to Beth Hammond during her NDE:
- There will be poverty, many wars, and storms upon storms to rage the earth.
- Devastation from earthquakes and hurricanes will happen.
- A war will start in the East.
6. NDE prophecies of a shift in the earth’s magnetic poles
According to NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, in 1998 something changed the earth’s gravitational field which moved the magnetic poles closer together. The NASA article explained that as the ice on the poles melted, ocean currents moved water toward the equator, which factors researchers believe to be partly responsible, in conjunction with shifts in atmospheric patterns, for this ongoing shift in the earth’s magnetic field. This finding by NASA is verification of NDE prophecies that predicted this to occur. Here are some of them:
The following prophecies about the pole shift were given to Edgar Cayce’s “Source”: In the late 1920’s and early 1930’s, Edgar Cayce was the first to describe the concept of pole shift as a result of the crust of the earth moving independently from the core of the earth to bring different a surface area over the spin axis. During the past 30 years, this concept has received more and more attention by geophysicists, some of whom now seriously argue that the crust does move independently. Some geophysicists now also argue that the best way to explain a variety of paleo sea-level and other data is that it moves and shifts fairly frequently and more rapidly than previously imagined.
Cayce predicted changes to the earth surface to begin some time between 1958 and 1998. The cause of these dramatic earth changes will be the shift in the world’s magnetic poles. He stated: “There will be upheavals in the Arctic and Antarctic that will cause the eruption of volcanoes in the torrid areas, and pole shift. There will be the shifting then of the poles, so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow.” (Edgar Cayce)
“A shift of the earth’s axis will result in massive earthquakes and tidal waves.” (Ned Dougherty)
“There may be a pole shift … there are going to be polar changes … it’s not going to kill all the races off, but we’re going to have to start again from square one … There’s going to be a larger land mass.” (Dr. Kenneth Ring’s NDE research subject)
“The poles are going to shift.” (Margot Grey’s NDE research subject)
“Practically no coastal areas will be safe during the shifting of the earth’s poles because of the tidal waves. Many people will not survive this shift, but others will, because after a period of churning seas and frightful wind velocities, the turbulence will cease, and those in the north will live in tropical clime, and vice versa.” (Ruth Montgomery)
Pole shift prophecies are being fulfilled today according to NASA. The University of Colorado discovered upheavals occurring at the Antarctic pole: “Two ice shelves on the Antarctic Peninsula are in full retreat and have lost nearly 3,000 square kilometers of their total area in the last year. Researchers attribute the retreats to a warming trend … There is evidence that the shelves in this area have been in retreat for 50 years.” (Science Daily)
One of the most intelligent scientist who ever lived, Albert Einstein, had this to say about the pole shift: “In a polar region there is a continual deposition of ice, which is not symmetrically distributed about the pole. The earth’s rotation acts on these unsymmetrically deposited masses [of ice], and produces centrifugal momentum that is transmitted to the rigid crust of the earth. The constantly increasing centrifugal momentum produced in this way will, when it has reached a certain point, produce a movement of the earth’s crust over the rest of the earth’s body, and this will displace the polar regions toward the equator.” (Albert Einstein)
7. Prophecies of a golden age of peace and enlightenment
Prophecies from such sources as NDEs, the Bible, the Dead Sea Scrolls, Nostradamus, and psychic phenomena, all agree that a new era of peace on earth will come after the foreseen natural disasters purify the earth from the sins of modern civilization. The following information are some of the positive prophecies of the future that are foreseen to occur after the catastrophic prophecies take place.
- No nuclear holocaust will occur (but possibly 1 or 2 bombs go off).
- There will be almost no technology in the future.
- Children to be the most precious commodity in the world.
- Raising children is will be the highest priority.
- A euphoric future with no anxiety, no hatred, no competition, enormous trust and mutual respect.
- Love and prayer will become a stronger force on earth.
- People will garden more in the future with almost no effort.
- Gardens will grow by the power of prayer.
- Groups of people praying together will be able to control the climate.
- Animals will live in harmony with people.
- Wisdom will be more important than knowledge.
- All knowledge can be accessed through prayer.
- People will be able to communicate telepathically with everyone else in the world.
- There will be greater insight into life after death.
- It will be like the Garden of Eden.
- God will usher the paradise on earth within the next 200 years.
- For paradise to come, God will have to restrict some of humanity’s free will.
- This world will resemble some near-death descriptions of heaven.
- Travel will be instantaneous.
- The need for clothing and shelter will be eliminated.
Howard Storm was also given an important message from the Beings of Light concerning the future of humanity: “They want every person to consider every other person greater than their own flesh. They want everyone to love everyone else, completely; more, even, than they love themselves. If someone, someplace else in the world hurts, than we should hurt we should feel their pain. And we should help them. Our planet has evolved to the point, for the first time in our history, that we have the power to do that. We are globally linked. And we could become one people.” (Howard Storm)
The following prophecies of a future “Golden Age” were given to Mellen-Thomas Benedict during his NDE:
- The second coming of Jesus is about self-correction because we are already saved.
- Science will soon quantify spirit and discover what holds the universe together. They will have to call it God.
- Religions are about to become more enlightened because more light is coming into the world.
- There will be a reformation in spirituality that is going to be just as dramatic as the Protestant Reformation.
- There will be many religious people fighting against other religious people because they believe that only they are right.
- The world will become a safer place.
- The clearing of the rain forest will slow down and in fifty years there will be more trees on the planet than in a long time.
- The earth is in the process of domesticating itself and it will never again be as wild of a place as it once was.
- There will be great wild reserves where nature thrives.
- Gardening will be the thing in the future.
- The population increase will reach an optimal range of energy to cause a shift in consciousness. That shift in consciousness will change politics, money, and energy.
- Humans will soon be able to live as long as we want to live in our bodies. After living 150 years or so, there will be an intuitive sense that it is time to change channels.
- Humanity will eventually see the wisdom of life and death.
The following prophecies of a future “Golden Age” were given to George Ritchie during his NDE:
- The world will grow more peaceful – both humanity and nature.
- Humans will not be as critical of themselves or others.
- Humans will not be as destructive to nature.
- Humans will begin to understand what love is.
The following prophecies of a future “Golden Age” were given to Edgar Cayce from his “Source”:
- The second coming of Jesus will occur in 1998 through reincarnation.
- There will be a thousand years of peace.
- China will become the cradle of Christianity.
[Webmaster’s note: Edgar Cayce affirmed that Christian Gnosticism is the highest form of Christianity and the closest form of Christianity taught by Jesus. This form of Christianity is practically identical to Buddhism except with intermediate states between earth lives. With the end of religious persecution in China today, Buddhism is flourishing in China once again.
- A new science will be developed from new discoveries in consciousness and spiritual research.
- A new discovery in astronomy concerning the revolution of the solar system, Arcturus, and the Pleiades will be found.
- Three major archeological discoveries of a Hall of Records which will revolutionize the way we understand human origins, cosmology and religion. This will occur when humanity reaches a higher level of spirituality. These discoveries will be found near these locations:
a. The Great Pyramid
b. Bimini, where a portion of Atlantis may have been discovered
c. The Yucatan peninsula where an asteroid struck the earth and killed off the dinosaurs
“After the darkest hour had passed away, during which time all the former things of this world had disintegrated and decayed, I saw a new consciousness emerging and humanity evolving in a new form. Thereafter I beheld a Golden Age in which people would live in love and harmony with each other and all of nature.” (Margot Grey’s research subject)
“At the end of this general period of transition, humanity was to be born anew, with a new sense of his place in the universe. The birth process, however, as in all the kingdoms, was exquisitely painful. Mankind would emerge humbled yet educated, peaceful, and, at last, unified.” (Dr. Kenneth Ring’s research subject)
“The disastrous earth changes will be followed by a new era in human history, marked by human brotherhood, universal love and world peace.” (Dr. Kenneth Ring’s research subject)
“After the global disasters, the planet will become more peaceful. Humanity and nature will both be better. Humanity will not be as critical of themselves. Humanity will not be as destructive of nature and will begin to understand what love is. It is up to humanity which direction they will choose.” (George Ritchie)
“I saw the earth stretching and groaning while giving birth to a new consciousness. I saw that every so often in the history of the world this happens and is inevitable in order for the earth to bring forth a new state of evolution.” (Margot Grey’s research subject)
“Humanity will mature enough to assume a higher place in the universal scheme of things. But before this, humans must learn acceptance and tolerance and love for each other. There will come a new age of tolerance will come where the hearts and souls of humanity will be joined as all religions and doctrines will be joined. People will not be able to endure seeing others homeless and hungry. Only by helping each other could we truly help ourselves.” (May Eulitt)
“Within the next two hundred years a new era of peace, love and harmony will rule the world.” (Howard Storm)
“After the coming earth changes, the harmonic balance of nature on earth will finally be restored.” (David Oakford)
“Eventually, humanity will become more peaceful. A new type of human being will emerge with a younger and peaceful nature.” (Ricky Randolph)
“The world is on the verge of a spiritual awakening.” (Dannion Brinkley)
“People will be happier and more content although living like the native populations of old. There will be no more wars and true peace and happiness will finally come to humanity.” (Lou Famoso)
“A profound spiritual awakening will occur to everyone on earth. People will be able to perform supernatural events and miraculous healings.” (Ned Dougherty)
“Humanity will be born anew with a new sense of their place in the universe. This birth process will be painful, but humanity will emerge humbled yet educated, peaceful, and, at last, unified.” (Reinee Pasarow)
“A great Awakening has begun. People around the world are opening their eyes to their own spiritual natures. They are beginning to see who they truly are and what they have always been — beings with an eternal past and a glorious future.” (Betty Eadie)
Edgar Cayce stated that a purification of the world must happen before the new world comes: “A new order of conditions is to arise; there must be a purging in high places as well as low; and that there must be the greater consideration of the individual, so that each soul being his brother’s keeper. Then certain circumstances will arise in the political, the economic, and whole relationships to which a leveling will occur or a greater comprehension of the need for it.” (Edgar Cayce)
Near-death experiencers who were given information that the Second Coming of Christ is soon to happen are: (a) Edgar Cayce, (b) Angie Fenimore, (c) Mellen-Thomas Benedict, (d) Beth Hammond, and (e) Dr. Richard Eby.
8. Non-NDE religious prophecies of the apocalypse
Fundamentalist Christians in general use a literal interpretation of the prophecies in the Books of Ezekiel, Daniel and Revelation in the Bible to foretell the future. See these Bible verses:  and .
- The battle of Armageddon will be fought on the plains of Israel.
- A huge mountain of fire (asteroid? bomb?) will be thrown into the sea and kill a multitude of people.
- Russia, with an alliance of Iraq, Iran, Libya, Ethiopia, and some Eastern European countries, will invade Israel.
- A powerful alliance of 10 nations consisting of the former Holy Roman Empire (NATO countries) will go to war against this Arab and Russian invasion.
- China, with a 200 million strong army, will then march to war.
- When all the nations of the world are at war, the second coming of Christ will occur.
- Jesus will bring a new age of world peace. The kingdom of God will then reign on earth for a thousand years.
The following future catastrophes were foreseen by Jesus in the Bible:
- We will hear of wars and rumors of wars.
- Nation will rise against nation.
- There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
- People will become more wicked and loveless.
- The teachings of Jesus will made known around the world.
- There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars.
- Nations will be anxious and perplexed about turmoil with the oceans.
- The heavenly bodies will be shaken and people will faint from terror.
In the year 1947, on the shores of the Dead Sea, scrolls from a monastic group known as the Essenes, dated to be about two thousand years old were discovered and was labeled the Dead Sea Scrolls. One of these scrolls is entitled The Last Jubilee. The scroll contains information about the last days during which time it says, a Melchizedek redivivus (reincarnated) will appear and destroy Belial (Satan) and lead the children of God to eternal forgiveness. Here is the segment in question:
“This is what scripture implies in the words, ‘Who says to Zion, your God has not claimed his Kingdom!’ The term Zion there denoting the total congregation of the ‘sons of righteousness’ that is, those who maintain the covenant and turn away from the popular trend, and your God signifying the King of Righteousness, alias Melchizedek Redivivus, who will destroy Belial … Our text speaks also of sounding a loud trumpet blast throughout the land on the tenth day of the seventh month. As applied to the last days, this refers to the fanfare which will then be sounded before the Messianic King.” (The Last Jubilee, Dead Sea Scrolls)
The person referred to in the Scroll displayed above is named Melchizedek was a priest described in the Bible as an eternal being. The Bible indicates that he had no beginning of days and no end of life, that is, he was not born of woman and did not die, but ascended into heaven. Many early Christians believed Melchizedek to be an early incarnation of Jesus. If Melchizedek was indeed a reincarnation of Jesus, then this scroll is describing the coming of the Messiah (Melchizedek Redivivus – reincarnate) at the time of Judgment Day.
The following Islamic prophecy of the future is found in the Quran: “When the earth is shaken with her violent quaking, and the earth brings forth her burdens, and man says, ‘What has befallen her?’ On that day she shall tell her news, because your Lord had inspired her.” (Quran)
Paul Solomon was a man who was able to have the same kind of near-death-like experiences as Edgar Cayce. Here is a portion of his visions of the future: “Considerable destruction in areas of the west coast of the United States will occur. An earthquake measuring 8.9 or higher in California is building and is close. A massive exodus from Los Angeles will occur. The continent America will split in half, down its very center, and a wall of water will come rushing across.” (Paul Solomon)
Many people, particularly Catholic children, claim to have seen visions of the Virgin Mary in which they were given prophecies of the future. Here is one of them: “A worldwide warning, perhaps a terrible catastrophe, will be experienced by everyone on earth. Its purpose will be to call humanity to amend its behavior and return to God. A great miracle will occur within one year after the warning. It will be a visible sign to all humanity of God’s presence, love and mercy. Permanent signs will remain on earth for all time at various locations of the Mary apparitions. A terrible chastisement, a time of purification and cleansing, will happen to earth during which two-thirds of humanity will die. The chastisement depends upon the response of humanity to the warning and the miracle.” (Virgin Mary visitation at Fatima, Portugal, 1917)
A remarkable 19th Century Bavarian seer named Matthias Stormberger was able to visualize with great accuracy the events that would take place in the future. He predicted three great world wars would happen: “After the second great war between the nations will come a third universal war, which will determine everything. There will be entirely new weapons. In one day, more men will die than in all previous wars combined. Battles will be fought with artificial guns. Gigantic catastrophes will occur. Everything will become different than before, and in many places the earth will be a great cemetery. The third great war will be the end of many nations.” (Matthias Stormberger)
In my, Kevin Williams, humble opinion, humanity will continue to evolve until the world is filled with people who can walk on water, communicate telepathically, raise the dead (NDEs), control the weather with their minds, etc. In other words, it will be a time when humanity has reached the pinnacle of human evolution through reincarnation. But before this happens, a purification of the “sins” of modern civilization foretold by many sources must come first. These devastating disasters will destroy much of our current technology forcing people to “return to nature” and, at the same time, all artificial barriers between people will be removed. These disasters will force people to once again rely, trust, need and love their neighbor in order to survive and grow spirituality. So there will be no “end of the world” – only the end of the technology which allows humans to destroy the world and each other. Humanity on earth will continue to live for a long time (probably not forever.) Heaven on earth is rapidly coming. (Kevin Williams)